- Vessel name / Call sign.
- Reference initial piracy alert.
- Position of
- Date / time of incident (UTC).
- Details of incident.
- Last observed movements of pirates / suspect vessel.
- Assistance required.
- Preferred communication with the vessel.
- Date / Time of report (UTC).
All action to be entered in deck log book / official log book.
Maintain all records of communication.
You may also know –
IN CASE OF SUSPECIOUS MOVEMENT OR PIRATES TRYING TO BOARD THE VESSEL, STEPS TO BE FOLLOWED:
- Inform master & E/Room.
- Raise the emergency alarm signal and address on PA “SHIP UNDER PIRATE ATTACK”. ALL CREW TO PROCEED TO SECURED AREA sound the whistle.
- Change over to hand sterring and post extra lookouts on bridge.
- Emergency means of communication to be located (carried to)the secured area.
- Establish VHF contact with coast station and other ships in vicinity.
- REQUEST ASSISTANCE From Local Port Authority , Police ,Coast Guard & Navyas necessary.
- If possible speed up & carry out evasive maneuvers.
- Direct search lights on the craft & possibly blind the craft.
- Fix time & position of attack.