- Which of the following physical character does around rotor induction motor possess that squirrel cage motor does not
- Slip rings
- End rings
- A centrifugal clutch
- End plates
- Which of the following conditions will occur when solenoid coil burns out of a cargo winch with an electrical brake.
- The brake will be set by spring force.
- The motor will over speed and burns out
- The load suspended by the cargo boom will fail
- Nothing will happen; the winch will continue to operate normally
- A low voltage protection circuit is used in electric motor starting equipment to
- Trip circuit contractor when the motor over speed due to low voltage
- Trip circuit contractor when the motor develops short circuit due to low voltage
- Allows the motor to restart automatically on restoration of voltage without manual resetting
- Prevent motor from restarting automatically
- Determine the order of doping in transistor (from high to low)
- Collector, base, emitter
- Emitter, collector, base
- Base, emitter, collector
- Collector, emitter, base
- The opposition to the magnetic lines of force in magnetic is called
- Factors varies potential of a PN junction depend on
- Type of semiconductor material
- Amount of doping
- A poly phase motor driving engine room pumps fails to start, checks
- Insulation is open
- No restriction for movement of motor /pump
- Check overload relay trip
- Battery fully charged
- Poly phase motor fails to start, precautions to take before checking
- Isolate motor
- Remove fuse
- Post caution sign
- Ensure starter/motor terminals are live
- Which of the following statement is true
- PNP & NPN are different transistors
- Emitter, base and collector are basic elements
- Base separates emitter and collector
- Emitter separates Base and Collector
- Purpose of silicon control rectifier
- C to D.C convertor
- High voltage stand
- SCR is used in alarm circuits
- Shunt regulator
- The induced voltage across a stationary conductor in a steady magnetic field is zero.
- Which of the listed devices is used to measure pressure and convert it to an electrical signal?
- In three phase electrical equipment, the immediate action in the event of fuse blowing in one of the phases would be
- to replace with a fuse of correct rating
- to replace fuses on all three phases
- to try to repair the fuse
- to investigate the fault that led to blowing the fuse
- Which of the capacity has dielectric constant of 1.0000?
- air gap
- A poly-phase motor driving an engine room pump fails to start. When trying to identify the cause of failure, which of the following steps are applicable?
- Visually examine motor for open circuit faults.
- Visually examine starter for open circuit faults.
- Reverse the direction of electrical supply to check if it works.
- Perform the infinite resistance test
- Tightly knit metal braid wire can be used with a printed circuit board when
- Conductor flexibility is required
- De-soldering components in the circuit
- Electrically produced magnetic fluxes would cause inaccuracies in adjacent components
- Reactance in the circuit must be kept to a minimum